
Our family is awaiting the arrival of some new members. They are in our hearts. It is hard to wait, but in this time we are being prepared. Our home, our finances, but most of all a change is taking place in our hearts. They are being formed in us. We are being prepared spiritually. There is a renewed sense of purpose for our whole family. We have been praying together more.
I (Isaac) have a friend who recently got sick and is in the hospital. As we sat down to dinner last night, the boys and I began talking about movies
and spiritual things. Samuel walked over to me and said, "Dad can we pray for X (the friend in the hospital) now?" I started praying and then all of the boys prayed like I have never seen before. Their hearts were in it. I then explained to them how Jesus let the same compassion they were feeling move him to heal the sick. I was beside myself at the experience of my four year old praying with a genuine heart for someone he has never met.This is an example of what God is doing in this time of preparation.
No comments:
Post a Comment