Wednesday, February 06, 2008

our girls

I haven't been able to make a new post about our girls because I've been too overwhelmed by everything - God's goodness, His miracles on our behalf, the beauty of our baby girls...it's almost been too much to put down into words. We got the call from CWA on 1/31 that they had received the referral for these little girls. We were next on the list and just like God had shown us, we had twin baby girls! I can't tell you how long the social worker and I laughed, cried and talked about how amazed we were at God's miracle. Those of you who know the story of how we were led to request twins will know what I mean. Those who don't know the story...I can't write about it now, it's too much. Someday soon I hope to write a journal of how God led us to these girls...
Their names are Aliyah (chosen one) and Ariel (lion of God). They were born 1/13/08 and weigh about 4-5 pounds. It's killing us that we can't get go get them until (hopefully!) April. Every day is TOO long. We do know that they are in wonderful, loving hands. We plan to keep both of their Ethiopian names as their middle names. We have been told by their caregivers in Ethiopia that their biological father loved them so much. The tradition in Ethiopia is to add the father's first name as the child's last name. We want to keep both their Ethiopian names and when they get older they can decide whether to continue to use all their names or to drop one.

1 comment:

Solveig said...

Your story is facsinating. I want to read more. When did the process start?
solveig