Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Getting Older - So Fun


When I was around 11 years old (wow) our family was really close to the Underwood Family. They were a young couple with three baby girls, Christen 3, Katie 2 and Amy newborn. I spent most of my time with them. DeAnna (the mom - 21 or 22) taught me lots of "girly" thing that pre-teen girls need to know like how to put on make-up and how to condition your hair! My mom wasn't really into those things. I learned so much from her about how to take care of little ones. The girls were so precious to me! They moved away a year or so later but we've kept in touch all these years with visits, Christmas cards and phone calls. We were able to meet Dec. 23rd at a Sagebrush about a half hour from Asheville as they were visiting their grandparents for Christmas. I haven't seen the girls in over 10 years - the last time was at our wedding. They are gorgeous, smart, and full of love! I just enjoyed being with them so much and seeing how they've turned into amazing women. I could say so much more but it means more to me than I can put in a post. Here is a picture from our time - DeAnna and I are in the back and then from left to right are Amy, Christen and Katie.

No comments: