Sunday, January 13, 2008

Being Sick and Being Patient

It started with the kids having horrible colds; Samuel's turned into walking pneumonia. We were seeing the end to the coughing when i got strep throat. I've never had it that i can remember and i do not want it again. By the time i decided to get a strep test done my neck hurt to turn my head, my tonsils felt the size of grapes and so tender and i could barely swallow. It took a few days of antibiotic to feel better. Then Isaac got it. We were all geared up to start school Monday after a three week break (yikes). In the middle of the night Sunday Samuel and Elijah woke up throwing up! We all felt a little weird for the next couple of days but Judah, Isaac and I didn't get it. Thursday was our first normal day of school and all was better. Friday morning though, Judah and I started the stomach bug. Isaac started this morning. I've sanitized, sprayed, washed, turned the purifier up...I'm not sure what else to do but keep praying and hope we get better soon!
Another couple who got their dossier in a little before us just got the referral of their children from Ethiopia. They are a boy and girl ages around 4-5. Praise God! We're trying to be patient while waiting for the girls. We have so much to do to get ready for them so I try to occupy my thoughts with those things.

No comments: